- Stockholm company puts infertility support on the agenda
Pregnancy is seen as “one of the most natural things in the world”, says Elin Øyre, CEO and co-founder of Stockholm-based fertility support platform Bumpy. “So when you can’t get pregnant, you take the blame for it.”
- Highlights of 2022: Top five Stockholm tech stories of last year
As a new year beckons, we take a look back at some of the exciting innovations, new initiatives, strategic developments and creative uses of technology that made 2022 yet another successful year for the Swedish capital.
- Eight groundbreaking Stockholm inventions that changed the world
The 2022 Nobel Prize Award Ceremony in Stockholm is soon upon us. This year, locally-born geneticist, Svante Pääbo, will receive the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his work in sequencing the Neanderthal genome. Stockholm has a long history of innovation, creativity and ingenuity, and here are a few examples of fellow Stockholm trailblazers responsible for some truly world-changing inventions.
- The Stockholm company crowdsourcing climate solutions
Many people feel helpless in the face of the climate crisis. But collectively we can make a difference, and one Stockholm company is working to rally the global masses.
- The Silicon Valley giant making the Stockholm startup scene even stronger
Stockholm has long been one of the global startup scene's standout cities and, as world economies tighten, the arrival of a legendary Silicon Valley player adds an additional, very welcome, layer of expertise and investment possibilities for startups in Sweden’s capital.
- Talks from Stockholm Impact Week
Stockholm Impact Week was a great success with hundreds of people participating in conferences, panel discussions and hackathons.
- IVI and Karolinska Institute pilot hybrid vaccinology course
The International Vaccine Institute (IVI) has teamed up with Stockholm's Karolinska Institute (KI) to refashion the format of its long-running International Vaccinology Course.
- Stockholm at the forefront of PropTech development
A new industry report calls attention to the pivotal role of property technology, PropTech, in achieving sustainability worldwide.
- City of Stockholm, Norrsken and Sthlm Tech is hosting the first Stockholm Impact Week
Invest Stockholm, Norrsken and Sthlm Tech is hosting the first Stockholm Impact Week 6-14 September 2022, bringing together impactful and influential startups, talents, investors, business leaders, and policymakers.
- The software getting global cities to net zero
Cities worldwide have vowed to achieve net zero emissions as they strive for a fossil-free future. While no two cities are carbon copies, they typically encounter the same stumbling blocks in their climate transitions. This Stockholm-based company helps cities to net zero.