- Why high-impact fintechs will help shape Stockholm’s future
As co-founder of Sthlm Fintech Week and program manager for the Mastercard Lighthouse Program, Lana Brandorne has her finger firmly on the pulse of Stockholm’s burgeoning fintech scene. So, what does the future hold in store for the sector? And what opportunities are likely to arise for anyone keen to get a foot in the door?
- Why the future is Brite for instant payments
Lena Hackelöer sometimes jokes that Stockholm selected her: in 2010, the then fledgling Klarna asked the German marketing expert to move from Paris to help coordinate their outreach efforts. Multiple executive positions and one IPO later, she has combined her passion for marketing with extensive product skills to lead a fintech company tackling difficult but crucially important international payment challenges.
- Why sustainable Stockholm is leading the way in impact investments
When Swedish startup Klarna raised $1 billion in March, it put $10 million aside for a yet-to-be-launched new initiative that focuses on the key sustainability challenges worldwide.
- Stockholm mobilizes to tackle neurodegenerative diseases as global life expectancy increases
The Stockholm-Uppsala life science cluster is one of the world’s foremost innovation hubs in the field of healthy ageing. A new report from Invest Stockholm examines how industry, government and universities are collaborating to take on the challenges presented by a rapid increase in incidences of neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Top ten European tech stories of 2020
Every year is now a big year in tech. But in 2020 innovative digital solutions were more in demand than ever before, as disruption became a fact of life rather than simply a business buzzword.
- Mayor of Stockholm: 'We want to be the impact capital of the world'
Few years have given humankind as much cause for reflection as 2020. But in the eyes of Anna König Jerlmyr, the Mayor of Stockholm, reflecting on your purpose and the impact you can have has always been crucial.
- Milestones from the history of the Nobel Prize
Alfred Nobel (1833-1896) is one of the most famous Stockholmers of all time. The prize that bears his name is known worldwide since it was established with the fortune he left in his will as the first donation.
- How Stockholm offers a sustainable alternative to global megacities
Cities today don’t just compete on raw economics. They’re also in competition to show themselves as leaders in sustainability, digitalisation and quality of life.
- Retail guide Sweden 2020-2021
Stockholm is an increasingly attractive market for retail expansion and is forecast to outperform other capital cities, according to the annual report Retail Guide Sweden 2020-2021.
- Top Stockholm investors share tips for investing in the gaming industry
Over the past decade Stockholm has emerged as a key player in the world’s fast-growing gaming industry.