- Why sustainable Stockholm is leading the way in impact investments
When Swedish startup Klarna raised $1 billion in March, it put $10 million aside for a yet-to-be-launched new initiative that focuses on the key sustainability challenges worldwide.
- Stockholm mobilizes to tackle neurodegenerative diseases as global life expectancy increases
The Stockholm-Uppsala life science cluster is one of the world’s foremost innovation hubs in the field of healthy ageing. A new report from Invest Stockholm examines how industry, government and universities are collaborating to take on the challenges presented by a rapid increase in incidences of neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Top ten European tech stories of 2020
Every year is now a big year in tech. But in 2020 innovative digital solutions were more in demand than ever before, as disruption became a fact of life rather than simply a business buzzword.
- Mayor of Stockholm: 'We want to be the impact capital of the world'
Few years have given humankind as much cause for reflection as 2020. But in the eyes of Anna König Jerlmyr, the Mayor of Stockholm, reflecting on your purpose and the impact you can have has always been crucial.
- Milestones from the history of the Nobel Prize
Alfred Nobel (1833-1896) is one of the most famous Stockholmers of all time. The prize that bears his name is known worldwide since it was established with the fortune he left in his will as the first donation.
- How Stockholm offers a sustainable alternative to global megacities
Cities today don’t just compete on raw economics. They’re also in competition to show themselves as leaders in sustainability, digitalisation and quality of life.
- Retail guide Sweden 2020-2021
Stockholm is an increasingly attractive market for retail expansion and is forecast to outperform other capital cities, according to the annual report Retail Guide Sweden 2020-2021.
- Top Stockholm investors share tips for investing in the gaming industry
Over the past decade Stockholm has emerged as a key player in the world’s fast-growing gaming industry.
- atNorth builds new data center in Stockholm
Nordic tech company atNorth this week began construction of a new $72 million climate-positive data center in Stockholm Data Parks. The complex will have an IT load of 11.2 MW and will generate excess heat that Stockholm Exergi can use to heat local homes.
- Creative and cultural industries report
A new report from Invest Stockholm shows that the Creative & Cultural Industries in Stockholm produce more turnover than several of the country’s biggest industries. But the potential for investment often goes unnoticed despite the sector functioning as an engine for the national and regional economy, the report notes.